Pace of play on a golf course can make or break anyone's round. The USGA has launched the While We're Young campaign to increase awareness of the factors that contribute to slow play.
Here's the USGA Pace of Play pledge:
My Pace of Play Pledge
- As one who loves golf, I understand my critical role in improving pace of play.
- I will examine my own habits on the golf course to identify ways that I can pick up the pace.
- I will Tee It Forward and play from the set of tees best suited to my driving distance, in an effort to speed up play and have more fun.
- I will practice “ready golf” during stroke play; I will hit when I am ready to play, but only when it is safe to do so.
- I will serve as an example for those around me and I will strive to inspire and guide my fellow golfers to improve their pace of play.
- I understand that golf course design and setup can affect pace of play, and I promise to support those who manage the facilities where I play to find solutions for optimizing pace of play.
- I will seek out a golf professional to help me improve my game and my pace of play.
- I will embrace opportunities to play nine holes when my schedule doesn’t allow for an 18-hole round.
- I will encourage others to take the Pace of Play Pledge, for the good of the game.
- I will play more quickly, play better and have more fun!
Check out the USGA website for some great videos on how we can all do our part to improve pace of play!